Angiography or arteriography is a medical imaging technique utilized to thoroughly visualize for surgeons before operations the inside, or lumen, of blood vessels and organs of the body, with particular interest in the arteries, veins, and the heart chambers. The visualized information are used to identify blocked, clotted or damaged coronary arteries. The visualizations from angiography help physicians to treat patients through less invasive procedures, or if the need arises to resort to open surgery procedures, perform the operation as quick and as precise as possible. The angiography department of the Gandhi Hotel-Hospital has been actively operating with the help of very skilled and experienced specialists and the use of the state-of-the-art equipment for providing top notch services to the clients. It has two distinctive sections:
- Post Cath Lab: This section contains beds equipped with central monitors to record patients’ vital signs. Patients will be prepared here and then sent for angiography.
- Cath Lab: The Cath section, which is the same room for angiography procedure, is equipped with angiographic coronary, electro-shock devices, EPS system for electrophysiological studies, portable and central IVUS pulse oximetry machine, surgical lighters and temporary pace maker generator.
All the information pertinent to angiography and angioplasty are archived and copied onto CDs and DVDs. Our main services offered in angiography and angioplasty department include:
- Coronary angiography
- Cerebral angiography
- Carotid and extremity angiography and angioplasty
- EPS (Electrophysiology) diagnoses
- Temporary and permanent pacemaker (CRT)
- Valvuloplasty for heart valves
- The IVC filters Placing
- The permanent port placing for chemotherapy patients